Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Contentment & Thankgiving


May I take a break to say how entirely happy I am?

Firstly, as I ride my bike to work in the morning and the sun shines over False Creek I am reminded that God is so creative and loves to make beauty - and that I get to enjoy this!

As I whip (safely) down Cambie street and feel the wind and fresh air on my face, I am amazed at exercise that feels more like adventure than work.

As I got up early to drive a visiting friend to the train and got to have one last great conversation, I was in awe of the relationships I posses.

As I sit here at work and work on expense reports and general tasks, I am so thankful for a steady job and a stress free work environment.

As I write this I am well fed, I am well rested (generally), I am well loved and I am amazingly provided for. God is good. I am in awe of this truth.

I am thankful for my home (despite it's imperfections). But I have a place to live, and a place I could make a home. It covers my family and I can host in it. We have great neighbors and lovely afternoon conversations in the backyard.  

I am thankful for my church. We are small but we are family. We are community and we are friends. We love Jesus. I pray for growth, I long for revival, but in the meantime, I am so thankful for the heartbeat of our church - for our leaders, for every member there, for being together. 

I am thankful for my husband. Paul is amazing. He is loving, funny, encouraging and patient. He is kind and honest. He is honest and at times brutally so. He is open to new ideas, he is open to change, and he is open to growth. He is wonderful and I know he is a gift from God. And that is a good thing. 

I am thankful for my family - for everyone of them - Mitchell's, Morgan's, all of you. God is good and I am so aware of this when I am with family. 

I am thankful for my friends - here and far - Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Washington, Texas, Tennessee and so many more places. From a friendless child, to life now surrounded by friends - I am in awe of God's relational provision in my life. 

I am thankful for truth - security - significance. I am amazed at the love of God for me and for those around me and for those not around me even. I am humbled at his provision and moved by his grace and mercy. We are not only forgiven but empowered in love. This is the good news. Each day I wake, I am a sinner. Each day I wake, I am forgiven. Each day I wake, I am capable of extending love because of God's power in my life. That is the tension I walk in each day - it means I need Jesus in a real way every day. And it means there is hope and joy infused into every part of life - that all of life has significance and that is an awesome journey to be one. One well worth being thankful for. 

And lastly, today I am thankful for citrus flavored Perrier with a dash of cranberry juice



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...