Monday, April 15, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Tonight Paul and I have a dinner meeting so we'll be leaving by 6pm - these wraps are easy to prep for our students since we cooked up some extra chicken on the weekend while the BBQ was fired up.

This meal was a big hit when I last made it - and it's very easy, especially because I tend to buy a roasted chicken from Costco and just need to shred it. I always stray a bit from the original recipe, as I firmly believe that Bacon makes most things better

Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Tenderloins, buns, salad & roasted veggies
We're home for the evening and I feel like trying something new.

I am spending the evening with my sister, so I needed something easy and quick once I get home.

Friday: Tomato Basil Spaghetti and Meatballs
It's Chapel, a youth worship night - up to 400 kids have come out in the past! So we needed something quick to make and eat. I might prep it on Wednesday, but honestly Chapel isn't until 7, it's less than two blocks from our house and Spaghetti is fast!

Saturday: YOYO (Your on your own)
I have a wedding shower in the afternoon, and then we have a church wide dinner and event "Love Canada, eh". 

Sunday: YOYO (Your on your own)
Sunday is a church "Deacon's Meeting" dinner event that we'll be at again. 

We also ate well this weekend. Friday and Saturday we had we had BBQ for dinner. 

Friday we had "Chicks on a Stick" and "Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers". I've made the Chicks on a Stick many times before, and it was just as good as always. The Honey Lime Chicken Skewers were new, and while I found them spicy, they were also really tasty. We also had BBQ classics like Corn on the Cob, Baked Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans. We (along with Rachel and the Chibota's) were introducing some Japanese friends to Canadian BBQ and they super enjoyed it. Paul made up a fake tradition of "The First Corn" where when someone eats corn on the cob for the first time everyone claps, and if the person doesn't like the corn, they get slapped. Strange, but super funny. Of course, we weren't going to slap anyone, but thankfully both students loved their "First Corn"


Eri, me, Irene, Nao and Ayano


Spirits were high, so getting a photo was tricky


The Chibotas and Morgans with Ayano - she's heading back to Japan. 
I'm thankful we got this hang out in before she left!


Saturday we had the Whitton's over. We ate some Costco "heritage" european wieners, which were delicious! I put some Johnny's seasoning onto shrimp skewers, which was lovely. We also had bacon wrapped mushrooms on skewers, so so good. I roasted up some zucchini with parmesan and lastly, I tossed some potatoes in olive oil and greek seaonings and baked it with feta. So tasty. The meal came out in stages - oven and BBQ's don't cook at the same speed but regardless it was fun, and besides ending the dinner with potatoes in the center of a cleared table, was actually really fun. We all kept chatting and shared potatoes family style. 

Oh boy do I have some crafting coming your way! This weekend was big for DIY. I didn't manage to complete all my projects but did cover lots of ground. I'm pretty pleased with the things I did tackle though, despite a few "fails" that I'll tell you about as well. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...