Monday, February 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: Feb 24th


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
It's been a busy busy weekend so I wanted something easy that would be ready when I got home. Turns out it's been snowing all weekend, so this hot comfort dish is perfect! I'm so excited to get home and have food ready. I have laundry and cleaning to do, and tons of house work. I'm so thankful for an easy dinner. 

We have my sister's family, our friends the Mallari's and our friend Anacat coming over for dinner. I wanted to make something that screamed "I'M SO GLAD YOU CAME OVER." This dinner is somewhat involved and so super tasty. The Mallari's and Anacat all go to our church and are people I like so much....to get to have them over for dinner is such a treat. 

Wednesday: Crockpot Balsamic Roast served with potatoes & vegetables.
Wednesday we're having three lovely ladies over for dinner: Margot, Charlotte & Whitney. I can hardly wait - they are all great fun and it should be a good time. 

Thursday: Crockpot Butter Chicken
I've never made this before and don't' have a recipe but I'm going to give it a try - if push comes to shove and it sucks then I'll make perogies from the freezer and well eat those instead. I'm going to take the Butter Chicken Package that I always use and throw it in the crockpot with all the ingredients and some frozen chicken breasts and see how it goes! I'll make up some rice to serve it with when I get home, and we always have Naan bread in the freezer. 

I'll be home working around the house all day and then we have Chapel at night, so chinese food sounds like a fun Friday night meal.  

Saturday: Cheeseburger Wraps
Saturday is busy! We have a garage sale to go to, some friends who are moving and need help, an engagement party to attend and a girls night after all of that. I wanted an easy, quick dinner. 

We have womens ministry meeting in the morning, then church, then dinner at home. Chicken Pot Pie is always a hit and I have lots of shredded chicken and pie shells in the fridge.   

In Review:
Monday: Melt in your mouth Chicken with vegetables and pesto rice with Yoshida Chicken
Turns out Melt in your mouth Chicken needs an hour and a half to cook, oops. So I tossed the chicken in yoshida and it rocked. The rest of dinner was great and I was out the door to see my friend Sarah by 7:30. Great conversation with Sarah, Leah and Jenna - I was so happy.  

Tuesday: Burgers
The past weekend we were away at a Cabin with friends (80% of whom go to our lifegroup), so I got to use the burger leftovers - such an easy dinner! I just whipped up a cold pasta salad and bam! 

I was lazy Wednesday morning and did not make this meal - also I didn't have any spinach....but mostly I was lazy as I didn't realize I didn't have spinach until later that night. I found this new quick and easy dish thanks to my boss' suggestion. Wednesday I worked around the house - and went to sleep by 9pm to try to fight off a cold. 





Thursday night was sister night and I was very tired from this cold winning - so I pulled out some frozen soup and added meatballs and voila! I visited my sister for a bit then came home to sleep early. .   

Friday: Grocery Grab
I was up at 6:30am to pick up Ana and head to the states to shop for a baby shower we were hosting the next day. We got back into Vancouver at 5pm, I threw the sausages I bought at costco into the oven and put some Tomato Basil soup on to heat up. I love grocery grab meals! Ana and I had an awesome day - the car was crammed full of groceries but we got everything we needed for our personal kitchens and for the party. We got tons of rad decor as well. We also found a great taco truck. 



Then it was dinner with our husbands at home, and off to a girls night to see our friend Sarah before she went home to Nelson. We left there by about 9:30 and stayed up until 1am working on the party. It was one long day...but boy did we do a lot! And Josh was a superstar helper - thanks Josh!

Saturday: Appie Leftovers
Paul and I were up at 9am - I headed off to grab the last of the groceries at Costco while Paul stayed home and vacuumed, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms, emptied garbages and so much more. What a hero! At 11am Hanne, Ana and Josh came over to help some more. We were party ready by 1pm and the place looked awesome. More to come on this later this week. The party was awesome though and Lindsay was so happy. 



Ana and Josh stayed to help clean up and Paul chipped in too, and the house was back in order by 5pm. I took some time to rest and then we headed out for dinner at the Roos'. We only stayed until 10:30 as 1. I was exhausted and 2. We were planning to get up at 4am to watch the gold medal game.

Sunday: Forgotten Chicken with roasted veg
Sunday morning we were at the guys house by 4am to watch the final gold medal game for Men's Hockey, Canada versus Sweden. I have never felt so Canadian, up early to watch hockey and it started to snow, what up! And of course we did win Gold - it was a perfect morning. 





I was back home and in bed by 7:30am and slept until 1pm! It was glorious. Then it was time to get ready for church,  get dinner in the oven, set up coffee service for church, and host at church, then rush home  to finish getting dinner ready and have friends over for dinner to plan a church event. Phew!

Thankfully I was done all of that, with lunches made, by 9pm and in bed ready for a new busy week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...