Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Menu Plan Tuesday: Victoria Day Long Weekend



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Tuesday: Burgers, Hot Dogs & Salad
It's lifegroup night and Jodi is in town! So we're "celebrating" with a BBQ! Also I'll fry up some of Paul's bear sausage - farmers and garlic and serve that on the side for people to try. 

Wednesday: YOYO
Wednesday night we've organized an outing with friends for Music Bingo at the East Side Craft House - cheap wings, Music Bingo, beer and friends - what could be better!

Thursday: Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
Thursday is a night out with friends but not until 8pm - so I'll join the household for a light dinner and then meet the ladies afterwards. I'm meeting up with my lovely friend Ana and a few of her girlfriends that I got to know at her stagette. I love Ana and LOVED her friends when I met them - I'm stoked to be a part of their hang out!

Friday: Mexican Casserole
We don't have any plans for Friday! I'm excited. We might make plans. Or not. Who knows!

Saturday: YOYO / Survivor Night
A few months ago a group of friends and I made some bets about the survivor outcome - the show ends this wednesday but we won't be able to watch and win together until saturday. I'm making Mac and Cheese (comfort food) and the rest are bringing dishes as well, potluck style. 

Sunday: Transformations Dinner
Sunday is our final day of 10 week Bible Study course called Transformations. There are about 20 of us in the class (students and coaches) and we have been broken up most of the time in our small groups - so this dinner gives us the chance to mingle between the groups. I'm quite excited. We're doing a bit of potluck - there are a few things being brought, and they'll I will make the rest. I can't decide what to make - so you don't get to know either!


In Review:
Monday: Yoshida Salmon & Veggies Skewers on the grill, roasted potatoes with corn and greek salad.
We had a big Mitchell family dinner on Sunday and there were leftover baked potatoes and corns on the cob - so I diced up the potatoes and fried them up with sausage and seasoning and cheese, of course. I sliced the corn off the cobs and heated that up and threw the rest of the meal together in minutes. Summer meals, for the win!

Tuesday: Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes 
This is a house favorite - normally made with shrimp but we were out so I used cooked turkey breast and chopped farmers sausage - Duncan declared this the best version yet! We even had the exact same Fuesili as the recipe asked for - I love curly noodles. I served it with a side lite Caesar Salad. We had Mila and Benni (friends from church) over for dinner and after the meal (which we ate outside in shorts!!) we headed in for some wedding planning - they are getting married in just over a month so it was planning time with Tara!



Wednesday: Duncan Dinner! 
Wednesday night was date night! Duncan was home to cook for the gang at home (Shrimp Orzo, mmmm). Paul and I were out for a lovely night! I'll be writing a blog post about our experience but I can say that Tasting Plates Main Street was an adventure and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Plus dates are our favorite!

Thursday: Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos
Thursday is sister night. We were able to eat dinner quickly (on the patio) before I headed off to meet Jenna - made all the nicer by the fact that I was meeting her at 7:30 not 6:30 - ahhh restful. I was with Jenna and Leah for the night - it was LOVELY. They are the best.

Friday: YOYO
Saturday morning I got to spend the morning with my dear friend Lindsay and her sweet son Wyatt. Wyatt and I cuddled and Linds and I chatted and I left around noon with a very happy heart. 




Then I headed to work for a few hours to cover my coworker and afterwards I swing by my mom's new home and took her for a walk. 



After that Paul and I joined a group of friends at our house for a games night potluck. So much fun. 


Saturday: YOYO
Saturday we drove out to Abbotsford - Jodi was competing in the Canadian National Rope Skipping Championships and we had a bear to pick up! We also ran errands and then came home to nap before a birthday party - bowling, dinner and a movie (Godzilla) - just like being a teenager again!


Jodi coaching!

Jodi mid Double Dutch

Paul and a table full of bear sausage - Farmers, Pepperoni and Garlic!

Sunday: YOYO
Sunday morning was for relaxing and folding clothes - devotions in the sun as well. Then it was on to church, and afterwards Transformations. After class we headed off to Washington for a night away to celebrate our anniversary from May 1st. We stayed at the Semiahmoo Resort overnight and headed home late Monday since Monday was a holiday. More to come on this experience tomorrow. It was sooooo wonderful. I can hardly express.





Holiday Monday: Duncan Dinner
While we were away Duncan stepped in to make dinner for the household (and some lunches for today!!) He made Tortellini with sundried tomatoes, baked chicken and roasted peppers. That guy can cook!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...