Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blogging: the surprise

I started blogging when I was 16. I love it. I never thought I would still be blogging at 31, or that this thing I picked up as a lark would turn into such a constant and rewarding part of my life. I had no idea what the blogging world would turn into - it's so flashy and pretty. Back when I started it was almost like a form of chat rooms. It was also a lot more private, in a way. I mean only a couple friends read it and no one else. I also just babbled. Word vomit. All over the page. I especially love that one quote, it's true that I was blogging before it was cool - but more specifically I was doing it in the least cool way possible. That makes me giggle.

Blogging today is all menu planning, boots, top knots, chambray shirts & DIY. It's shiney and organized and regular. Daily even. It's all buttons and linkups. It's statistics & followers. It's excitement & connections. 



It's prettier. I like prettier. It's bigger though, it makes me feel much smaller. It challenges me. It pushes me for more. Blogging has changed and how I blog has changed...and I like it. I'm surprised by how much I like this new blogging. I mean people actually read my blog! It's awesome. I am proud when I write something good. I'm happy with the silly, when I can reread a silly blog post of mine that makes laugh. I love seeing what goes on in my life as I look back over it all - I love seeing all that is going on. I like seeing what I've worn and what I've thought and what I've created. I love almost everything about what blogging has become. At least in my little corner of the blog world. It's prettier, it's shinier, it's clearer and way less embarrassing.

Blogging also helps clear out my thoughts. To process some things that are too big to talk about. Writing is a safe outlet, a helpful outlet. It allows me to process my thoughts and share a glimpse of my life for others. It allows me to be vulnerable and to be heard. I'm a talker, yes. But there is something different about blogging, about the language of writing. I love it and I'm so thankful for it. 

I'm thankful for an outlet - for a helpful motivation to do things and really for a HUGE well of ideas. I follow at least 70 blogs and I get the best ideas from them. My house is beautiful because of blogging. I see other people's beautiful homes and it sparks ideas - it shows me that I can have that too. Not the unattainable, perfect perfect homes, but the ones that look human and lived in and beautiful, that I can relate to and wish for. Blogging gives me ideas on how to dress, what to buy, how to cook, etc. It helps me have end goals that are specific and measurable. 

So thank you blogs - thank you bloggers. To you who put in hours and hard work, thank you for that. Thank you to those that read my blog - I so enjoy your feedback and comments and that you give me a audience to write to. I so love the experience of writing, and it's only made better when someone reads and enjoys it. 

Also it's super fun to check stats - "how many people read my blog today? That many? Awesome!" Or "how many? that few? Oh" Either way....super fun. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...