Monday, December 1, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, December 1st!



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Tilapia with roasted vegatables & pesto rice / Crockpot Potato-Cauliflower Soup
Tonight is women at prayer - our monthly time of prayer as women at our church. While I'm not keen to be out tonight (it's been so busy and I just want to stay home) I am keen to worship and pray with my sisters, so I am choosing in faith to go and engage and see where that takes us. God always shows up at these things, because He is with us. 

I also plan to throw some soup into the crockpot overnight so I can use it for lunches this week - with the chilly weather, warm lunches seem like the most loving option. And this creamy soup really tastes wonderfully despite the fact that I can pump it full of some veggies. 

Tuesday: Greek Chicken Wraps with Rice

Tuesday is LifeGroup. I've been craving this amazing greek sauce lately, so I'm excited to prepare it for our group again. I always serve it with greek salad. I think this time I'll find some gluten free pita for Lindsay and I so we can engage, as the pita really makes it. 

Wednesday: Ham with roasted vegetables & potatoes
Wednesday is an at home night for doing stuff and resting. I've got the ham for this marinating in the freezer from my last batch of ham, so I'll just need to chop veggies, chop & boil potatoes (to mash with boursin) and serve. I like dinners that I can get in the oven then walk away from while they cook (so I can change or do some house jobs). After dinner I plan to finish cleaning out my bedroom closet and organizing there - trying to get the room totally tidy and under control well before baby comes. 

Thursday: Crockpot Corn Chowder
Thursday night is sister night which always means a crockpot dish is most helpful. I usually try to prep these the night before so I'm not scrambling in the morning, which usually means I don't end up making the dish. So evening prep is a must! 

Friday: 
YOYO
Friday is Paul's 30th birthday - we're having a birthday date that night. We'll go to the VIP theatre for the new Hunger Games movie so Paul can have a beer while he watched - I'll enjoy the appie items and popcorn. 

In the morning I'll be taking a trip to the states to get a bunch of stuff I need for the two big parties on the weekend, as well as stocking up for christmas - I'll pick up my turkey and ham on this trip so I don't have to come down again. 

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday we're having Paul's 30th birthday party. He's mandated that there be no decorations and limited food prep. I'm only picking up some easy things in the states for this - and we've asked some friends to bring items to share. We're providing beer & wine for the party; we bottled two great types of beer, a porter and a lager to share. I'll also be picking up something non-alcoholic for those of us that can't/don't indulge. I'm excited to celebrate with friends and family - Paul is a wonderful husband, I am so thankful for him. The party is a roast, so we'll get to hear funny stories and thoughts and hear him made fun of, as well as all the normal birthday kindness. It's going to be great. 

Sunday: Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole

Sunday is not a restful day, but it will be an fun one! We're celebrating our dear friend Ana as she prepared to have her baby boy. We're throwing her a Spanish Baby Shower with a Nacho Libre theme - we prepped decor stuff last week and oh man, it's looking amazing. Look out world - this party is going to be awesome. I can't wait to bless her and show her how very loved she is, and how cared for her little boy will be. After cleaning up from the party we'll head to church and I'm pretty sure we'll head straight to bed after all that. 
Week in Review: 
MondaySlow Cooker Creamy Chicken Taco's
Monday night we enjoyed some great Mexican Food. I was feeling headachey and exhausted, so I skipped our meeting and was in bed by 7:30pm after making lunches. It was a good life choice. And before going to sleep I wandered around our house - we'd decorated for Christmas the night before and our house was glowing!



Tuesday: Crockpot Pot Roast Soup & Pizza
Tuesday was a church wide meeting called Equippers at 7:30pm. I ran out of time to put the roast in the crockpot so instead we pulled together some containers of soup I'd picked up at TJ's and put a pizza in the oven. Easy and filling. 

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Toquitos
Wednesday we tried these toquitos for the first time, they cooked kind of funny but that's because I used corn tortilla's. However they tasted great. They were easy and flavorful. Then it was time to do stuff around the house and then sleep some more!

Thursday: Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli Soup & Pizza
Thursday was my favorite vendor function of the year at work - Sutton Place Gingerbread Making Luncheon. This marks the start of my Christmas Holidays every year. It was such a fun event! I worked with a great team and really enjoyed myself. 



Our theme was Charlie Brown Christmas and Snoopy's Dog House!

I worked late so I had my students do a repeat of Tuesday's dinner - the last of the soup and another pizza. I was so full from lunch I didn't even need to make myself something else to eat (since I can't do pizza). Heck, I didn't even have any soup. Lunch was SO filling. 

Friday: Crockpot Easy Chicken Tetrazzini YOYO
Friday I ran errands and was generally super productive - I was tired by the time I picked Paul up to go bottle our newest two batches of beer, but at least I had a lot to show for my work, including finding a new student for our newly free fourth room. Amazing! Then it was off to bottle, and eat vietnamese food (our after bottling tradition). We popped home to furnish the free bedroom, and then headed off to a Bob Ross painting party for a friends birthday. SO MUCH FUN. 

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday morning we hada decorating time for my lovely friend Ana's baby shower. Not only did we come up with some awesome stuff and have a lovely time doing it, Farai and Wyatt kept us engaged with their cuteness. 



I folded and put away a massive stack of laundry and then finally took a nap before heading out for a girls night. Our husbands were away at a men's retreat, so we enjoyed food and conversation and nail painting. 

Sunday: Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup 
YOYO
Sunday spent with my mom in the morning since my Dad is away at the Men's retreat. We took a beautiful but FREEZING walk around part of Stanley Park. 





When I went to drop her off at her home they were just starting a sing-a-long so it was nice to leave her with her favorite activity! Then it was time to do more stuff around the house and slowly get ready for church. We had two of our students joining us for church so we joined with the big group of folks that head out for dinner after and had a wonderful time. We came home late, I rushed through lunches and we hit the hay so tired, but ready for a new week!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...