Monday, June 1, 2015

Menu Plan Monday, June 1st

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 

Monday: Costco Chicken Curry with steamed veggies
Monday is a work around the house day, as much as is possible with a baby. I'm cleaning up after the weekend and getting ready for the week ahead. Also a thrilling Costco trip will be in my future for this day. 

Tuesday: Casserole (sent by Carrie M)

Tuesday I try to walk with my sister and my parents and will keep trying to truck away at some organizing around the house. 

Wednesday: Man Pleasing Chicken, potatoes & veggies
Wednesday we are having a going away dinner for one of our former students, Gwen. She goes back to France on Thursday. We'll have a couple people over for dinner with us and will wish her many fond farewells. And we will have ice cream cake :)

Thursday: Chicken Taco Soup (sent by Lindsay)

Thursday we are out for dinner so I'm going to pop this into the crockpot for our students to enjoy and it will make excellent lunches or meals while Paul and I are away over the weekend (and for us to eat Friday). 

Friday to Sunday: YOYO (You're on Your Own)

This Weekend we will be in in my hometown, Port Alberni, to pack up my Grandma's things. She's moved into a home so we are helping the family prepare her house. It will be the first time we are all together in Port Alberni since my cousin LeAnna's wedding in 2010! I'm excited to go home - I love my hometown. I won't have time to see friends - it will be family family family all the way (plus a dip in the lake) but it will be nice to be there all the same. 

I have been finding it's hard to stay afloat with a newborn since there are some problem areas in the house that drive me nuts! Our fridges and freezers and our linens. These areas are disorganized and full. I want to clean them out so that I know what we have and can access it easily.


Organizational Goals:
Upstairs Freezer - to be used for convenience meals (for students), breakfast breads (bagels, toast, etc), ice, breastmilk (mmm) and Ice Cream. 
Downstairs Deep Freeze - broken into sections for Convenience Meals (for the whole house) and frozen meals (made by me), meat and extra bread.
Downstairs Fridge/Freezer - Extra's
Upstairs Fridge - to be used for most foods
Downstairs Fridge - Refill's & Extra's
Hallway "Linen" Closet - to be tidied (it's not for linens but for napkins and to go stuff and dishtowels, etc. It's been organized previously and just needs a refresh)
Guest Room Linen Closet - gutted, sorted & reorganized
Laundry Room Storage Area - gutted, sorted & reorganized 
*The guest room and laundry room areas will need to be done at once - we have linens in both spaces and we need to sort through it all to decide what needs to be kept and what can be donated to clear up space. I know there's lots we aren't using. 

Phew! And that's what I want to accomplish in the next while! We are away this weekend, then the following weekend we leave for just over a week (family vacation!) so I will need to squeeze bits of this in amongst all of the packing and unpacking. I was away this past weekend at a womens retreat and my goal is to have that bag fully put away by the end of today. Lets see if it happens! If it doesn't I will go ahead and blame this little one...(and I'm totally fine with that).


Avelynn & the morning hang out time 

This little sweetie at the womens retreat - breastfeeding at a conference is fairly painful for my back but at least her face is very sweet

Also there is so much cousin love going on - which is awesome since I love these nephews so entirely. This is Austin reading to Avelynn who, by all accounts, loved it.

Auntie, Avelynn & the best boys around
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...